The Fudgening & My Fudge Recipes!
It’s that time of year again: “The Fudgening”. When I make stupid amounts of fudge to give as gifts, bring into work potlucks and just plain eat. But this year I’m going to share my favorite recipe with you. Below you’ll find my Mint Chocolate Fudge Recipe as well as alternate flavor suggestions. If you like Reeses Peanut Butter cups then I highly suggest trying the peanut butter cup recipe (if you can save a few for the fudge that is).
Anya’s Mint Chocolate Fudge
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with wax paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of Andes baking chips with 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips (substitute milk chocolate chips or a combination of semi sweet and milk chocolate for a sweeter fudge). Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in chocolate mixture. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, or until firm.
(Adapted from this recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge – substitute Andes Mint chips for 1 1/2 cups of Reese Peanut Butter Cups for an out of this world peanut butter chocolate fudge! (Use Milk Chocolate chips instead of semi sweet for an even sweeter fudge)
- Dark Chocolate Walnut Fudge – substitute Andes Mint chips for 2 boxes of German Chocolate Baking Bars and add an extra 1/2 cup of semi sweet chips (2 cups total) plus 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Easy Butter Finger or Heath Fudge – substitute Andes Mint chips for 1 1/2 cups of crushed Heath Bar bits or Butter Finger bits. (Use Milk Chocolate chips instead of semi sweet for an even sweeter fudge)
Below are shots of a DOUBLE batch of this: