Liebster Award Thing (I answer 11 questions & give 11 random facts)
Twins Cat and Lynx Raven have nominated me for this Liebster Award thing. Here are the rules:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know they’ve been nominated
- You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your blog!
- paste the award picture into your blog.
I’ll happily answer their questions and post 11 random things (if I can think of them) but y’all know how I feel about bugging people to do stuff for me (as evidenced by the holes in the Trauma Llama schedule). So I won’t be nominating anyone. I guess that means I don’t win? 😉
Here are the ladies’ questions:
1. What is your superhero name, power and costume?
I think I answered this one over on Bookstrand’s web site. It’s Minty Eve’l. The power would be like the pied piper of clowns. My costume would be green and black with chunky heel boots (I’ve had this character in a video game called City of Villains but unfortunately they didn’t have the clown thing).
2. Who would you go gay with to save the world?
3. Who would play you in a film of your life?
I’d love it to be someone like Helena Bonham Carter but more than likely it would be that larger gal from the Bridesmaids movie.
4. Name 5 albums on your death row disc list.
I’m not much into entire albums. But since you asked, I’ll try to come up with a few. How about Florence and the Machine’s “Lungs” and “Ceremonials”, My Brightest Diamond’s “A Thousand Shark’s Teeth”, Radiohead’s “The Bends”, and the soundtrack from “Romeo+Juliet”
5. What’s your karaoke song?
Never done karaoke in public but it used to be Sinatra’s “New York, New York” done completely monotone when we’d play during the holidays. It’s absolutely horrible but hilarious…if you’re drunk.
6. If you had to have a hilarious, cartoon-style death, what would it be?
The first thing that comes to mind is the picture on the ten of swords tarot card. I dabbled a little when I was a teenager. This card came up often when doing spreads for myself. It’s pretty gruesome, not terribly cartoonish. But like I said, it was the first thing that came to mind.
7. What book/film/song do you wish you’d written?
There are so many wonderful pieces out there I could claim here. But the only thing I’d thought up that someone else did first is actually a sculpture. I commute a lot and thought it would be neat to gather up all the pieces of blown out tires on the side of the road so I could make a sculpture with it. Since I didn’t know how I’d fix rubber to itself, I abandoned the idea. Someone else did it. And did it very well. I wish that had been me.
8. If you could be made into a wax work couple, who would your other half be?
I’m not sure I understand this one. But I’ll be boring and completely cheesy here and say it would be my guy. He puts up with my crap and these days knows what I’m thinking more often than not.
9. What would be your Kryptonite?
Nail polish. I can’t keep from buying the crap!
10. If you ruled the world, what is the first law you’d make?
Oh gosh. Um, all hot guys have to walk around half naked offering to help any female they come upon?
11. And who would be the first person you’d execute?
Now for 11 random facts about me:
- I can drive a stick shift.
- I have my motorcycle endorsement (and a motorcycle).
- I used to work in technical support…inside an internet provider housed in some lady’s spare room.
- I grew up train watching with my dad but somehow ended up terrified of trains when I moved to Indiana. I’m finally over it again.
- I’ve never been out of the country, unless the Canadian side of Niagara Falls counts.
- Caffeine messes with my ability to sleep and gives me headaches so I don’t drink it. This one freaks everyone out for some reason. Sugar in my drinks does basically the same thing as caffeine does for everyone else.
- The highest number of cats I’ve ever owned is 7.
- After spotting the horrible turkey trucks on the freeway, I tried to be a vegetarian. I only lasted 2 months before I gave in and had a hamburger.
- My favorite vegetable is broccoli.
- My best ideas come during my commutes or right before I drift off to sleep.
- I dye my hair a different color every two months (red, brown, black–generally nothing too crazy because I have a day job).